The purpose of this article is to provide an independent review of Usborne Books at Home, also known as UBAM. Please know that I am not affiliated with the company in any way. All information was collected from independent research online. Additionally, the name is a registered trademark owned by the company.
Usborne Books at Home Overview
Here is a brief company overview of Usborne Books at Home:
• The company utilizes the direct sales/multi-level marketing business model to distribute books.
• The company is located in Oklahoma.
• They were recently listed # 48 in the Fortune’s 100 Fastest Growing Small Companies.
• They are ranked the # 1 publicly traded company in Oklahoma.
• As of 2011, Randall White is the President and CEO of Usborne Books at Home.
• The company has been around more than 20 years; it started in 1989.
• The company is incorporated as the Educational Development Corporation.
• The company has approximately 9,000 distributors in the United States.
• The company has received countless awards for their products and services. Some of these awards include the 2000 Product of the Year by Informal Education Products and the 2010 Association of Library Services (ALA) Notable Book (you can check out the other awards on their website).
• The company is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange.
• The UBAM mission statement is “The future of our world depends upon the education of our children. UBAM delivers educational excellence one book at a time. We provide economic opportunity while fostering strong family values. We touch the lives of children for a lifetime.”
Usborne Books at Home Product Line
The Usborne Books at Home product line include books. In fact, the company offers more than 1,300 book titles in its online store and catalogues. Most of the books are children’s books. The average price is somewhere between $9 and $15 each. They offer a wide range of fiction and non-fiction books, as well as books written in Spanish. The books are sold via direct sales, book fairs, home shows, fund raisers and other venues.
I couldn’t tell if UBAM is the actual publisher of some of these books. I don’t think so, but I’m not 100% sure. They offer books is hardcover and soft-cover format. They even have eBooks that you can read online. Their prices are very competitive with bookstores, but they are a little bit more expensive than online bookstores such as Amazon® or Barnes & Noble.
Usborne Books at Home Compensation Plan
The Usborne Books at Home Compensation Plan is very generous. You can earn money with this company by doing two things. First and foremost, you need to sell books to customers. When you do that, you can earn 17-25% commissions, plus bonuses, from your personal sales. This gives you immediate profits.
The second way to make money is to build a sales organization. In other words, you can sponsor other people into the business as independent distributors. When you do that, you can earn overrides and commissions off their personal sales and group sales. As you progress through the achievement levels the company offers additional cash prizes, trips and incentives for the top performers. One thing I really admire about the company is that it has no on-going minimum sales requirements. Instead, you only need to generate one-time retail sales of $125.
Most of the distributors use the party-plan to share the books with their friends and/or sphere of influence. Other distributors use the internet to generate sales, or share catalogues with people they know. The best thing to do is to use a combination of these techniques to generate sales.
Please know that this is a legitimate business opportunity that requires hard work, just like any other viable business opportunity. Don’t expect to join, do nothing, and get paid. You must sell the books to customers to make money. However, unlike your job, there is no earnings cap. You can earn a substantial income with this company if you desire.
If you enjoy books or direct sales, Usborne Books might be the perfect business opportunity for you. The company is well funded, has a unique product line, a proven track record, strong financial backing, and great leadership. Your key to success is to find a top earner and join their team. Once you do that, your key to success is to find lots of customers who will order new books each month. You also need to sponsor new distributors into your downline and build a large sales organization. If you can do those two activities consistently, you can make a nice income with this company.
On a side note, if you are a happy customer or distributor, I would love to hear from you. Please share your product testimonial or personal success story about UBAM. Help spread the word about this great company with the rest of our online community. To get started, simply fill out the web-form below. Thanks for reading my review.
Are you a happy UBAM customer or distributor? Do you have a great product testimonial or success story to share with the rest of our online community? If so, just fill out the web-form below to get started. Help spread the word about Usborne Books at Home!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Copyright 2010-14 MLM Resource Center / All Rights Reserved. Do not steal our content. We do earn commissions from some of the products we recommend. This site is for education purposes only. We do not offer financial or legal advice.