MLM Tips and Advice
What are the best MLM tips and advice I can give you to grow your network marketing business? After spending the past decade in this industry, I would like to share my favorite MLM tips and advice. They are listed in no particular order:
1. Pick a Company and Stick With It: This is my best advice for you. Do your homework and find a company that you would want to work with for at least 10 years, preferably 20 to 30 years. Most people jump from company to company every couple years. That’s a poor business decision. Find a good company with products you are passionate about, and stick with it for the long term.
2. Treat Your Business Like Real Business: Most network marketers have zero entrepreneurial experience. Hence, they don’t know how to start, run, manage or grow a company. Even if you are building your business part-time (most people are), you need to treat your business seriously. That means you need to use the products, meet new prospects, show the plan, find new customers, and train your team each and every month. You must be consistent.
3. Think of Your Business as an Asset, Not a Job: A business is an asset that creates equity and income. More importantly, businesses take time to grow. As an entrepreneur, you get paid for the results your produce, not the amount of hours you work. You need “long term thinking” with your business.
4. Use Your Products: I know this sounds simple, but you need to use your own products. This gives you belief and product knowledge. If you owned a Nissan dealership, you wouldn’t drive a Ford. If your company makes it, use it!
5. Be a Student of the Business: The # 1 most important skill of any business owner is marketing. You should be a student of your business. That means you should read books, listen to tapes and attend seminars about network marketing. You should invest a couple hundred dollars each month in your personal education. If you don’t have the money to do that, get more retail customers.
6. Spend Most of Your Time Working in Depth: Most distributors think they need to be recruiting superstars. That is not true. In the beginning, you will spend most of your time personally sponsoring people. But once you do that, you should shift your efforts and begin working in depth. You should drive each leg of your organization as deep as possible, until you find some key leaders.
7. Get Customers: If you want to improve your profitability, get more customers. Customers are the lifeblood of any business. Most distributors don’t get any retail customers. They only pitch the opportunity and forget about everything else. That’s a big mistake. You want at least 10-20 personal customers who order from you each month.
These are my favorite MLM tips and advice. By following these tips, you will get better results in your business. But, it won’t happen overnight. All good things take time.