Top Ten MLM Ideas
What are some good MLM ideas? What can you do to grow your business and become a top earner in your company? Listed below are my 10 favorite MLM ideas. They are in no particular order. Check them out and start implementing them in your multi-level marketing business today.
• Choose a Reputable MLM Company: You need to partner up with a reputable MLM Company. I can’t stress that enough. You don’t want to say the name of your MLM Company and have your prospects high-heel it the other way. You want a company that will there for the long-haul. If you’re going to invest years of your life to build a large organization, you want to make sure the company will be around in twenty years from now. The best way to do that is to team up with a proven, reputable company that’s been in business for ten or twenty years already.
• Build a Large Customer Base: Customers are your keys to success in network marketing. The more customers you have, the more money you will make. Most network marketers are told “don’t worry about getting customers.” They’re told to just consume the products themselves and focus on finding distributors. I think that’s bad advice. First of all, customers give you retail profit. Also, many of your happy customers will upgrade and become distributors. If you get nothing else from these MLM ideas, don’t forget this lesson.
• Promote Your Products, Not Your Business Opportunity: In case you haven’t figured this out yet, most people will say no to your business opportunity. If you lead with your business opportunity first, you will leave money on the table. Like I said before, most people would rather become customers than distributors. Therefore, it behooves you to spend your time looking for customers. Instead of advertising your business opportunity, advertise your products. When you talk with a prospect, focus on the products. If the products are good, they will sell themselves. And some of your customers will become your best distributors.
• Recruit Other Network Marketers: Your target market for this industry is not home-based business owners or “opportunity seekers.” Instead, your target market is people already involved in the industry. If you “target” current network marketers you will achieve better results. You will find people who already believe in the industry and what it offers. More importantly, they will require less training. When you focus on “opportunity seekers” you will waste lots of money and time. You see, most network marketers are struggling with their business. If you can show them how to succeed, they will gladly ditch their company and team up with you. This is one of the most important MLM idea.
• Use Attraction Marketing: I learned a long time ago that I didn’t want to hassle friends and family members to join my multi-level marketing business. Instead, I wanted people to contact me about my business opportunity. When you use attraction marketing, you become the hunted instead of being the hunter. That’s a great thing. With attraction marketing, you establish yourself as an authority and give yourself credibility. This makes others attracted to you. When you do this, people will contact you to learn what product or service you have to offer.
• Create Your Own Blog or Website: All network marketers need their own personal blog or website. It’s a great way to generate leads and find new distributors. It’s also a great way to promote yourself, while creating multiple streams of income. To get started, pick a niche. You could focus on your company’s products or a specific theme within the network marketing industry. Either approach would work fine.
• Create Multiple Streams of Income: Robert Allen’s book “Multiple Streams of Income” changed my life for the better. He teaches the importance of having several income streams. In other words, don’t have all your eggs in one basket. That doesn’t mean you need to join three or four different network marketing companies. Instead, you need to do other things, too. For instance, my website helps me sponsor new distributors in my MLM company. I also earn income with Site Build It, Google Ad Sense, affiliate programs and eBooks. By having multiple streams of income, I have my eggs in several baskets. And I earn more money that way. You should follow the same principle.
• Treat Your Business Like it Cost You a Million Bucks: Because our industry is so cheap to join, most people don’t take it seriously. They say things like “I’ll try it out for a couple months and see if it works.” I find that saddening. I think you should pretend like you have a million dollars invested in your MLM business and treat your business accordingly. If you did, you would achieve MLM success and develop a profitable MLM business.
• Think Long Term: All businesses take time to build. If you work this business consistently for two to five years, you will achieve good results. But don’t expect to get rich quick. Network marketing doesn’t work that way. I’ve owned several different businesses, outside of network marketing. Not one of them made a dollar profit in the first three years. But they all became profitable after that. It took me time to learn the ropes and figure out how to grow my business. If you aren’t willing to work your business for two to five years, you shouldn’t join in the first place.
• Be Consistent: The secret to network marketing is momentum. You gain momentum by working your business consistently. That means that you do something to grow your business every day. Key tasks include prospecting, selling products, presenting your business opportunity, and following up with people. All other tasks come second to these tasks. You want to do productive things during your productive hours. You can handle your administrative and office tasks during non-productive hours. Just make sure you do something every day. A little bit each day compounds over the course of a year. This is one of the most important MLM ideas.
I hope these MLM ideas make sense to you. If you’ve never heard these MLM ideas before, don’t fret. You can “re-start” your business any time you want. You can declare that today is the first day of the rest of your life. Once you do this, you make significant progress toward your goals.
In conclusion, the MLM ideas listed above have made a positive impact in my business and in my life. I know they can have the same effect for you. The secret to success in this industry is to get started, make continuous improvements and never quit. If you can do that, you will become a MLM success story.
Lave the MLM Ideas Page and Return to MLM Training
Best MLM Resources
Return to the MLM Resource Center Home Page