What is the Best MLM Company?
What is the best MLM? Well, that depends who you ask. When I evaluate the best MLM companies I look at the gross revenue, number of distributors, company growth and average earnings per distributor. In our industry, there are thousands of different MLM Companies, but only a small handful of those companies exceed $1 billion in revenue. Some of the largest MLM companies include:
• Mary Kay
• Nu Skin
As I said before, these are the largest MLM companies with the most revenue. You could build a successful MLM business with any of these companies. You could also join a start-up or smaller sized network marketing company and achieve success. The size of the company is irrelevant when determining whether or not a MLM company is the best MLM.
When you are considering different MLM opportunities, there are several things you should look for. I call it the layman’s test. For a company to be a top MLM company, it must do things differently than most other network marketing companies. Here are a few of the things I look for.
• Reputation: One of the quickest ways to determine if a company is a top MLM is to look at its reputation online. Ever since the invention of the Internet, people can now share their personal success and horror stories. If you type in the name of your company and find nothing but horror stories and negative publicity, beware. You don’t want to say the name of your company to prospects, only to have them turn around and run in the other direction.
Other things to look for are whether or not the company is privately or publicly held. What is its debt structure? Also, does the company belong to the Better Business Bureau and/or Direct Selling Association? Most top MLM companies belong to both of these organizations.
• Management: What can you find out about the management team? How long have they been working together? What is their vision for the company? What is the mission statement? Does the company’s mission and vision align with your values and personal beliefs? These are just a few questions you can ask to determine if the company is the right fit for you.
• Compensation Plan: Take a look at the compensation plan. Find out what percentage of sales are paid back to distributors. Some companies are more generous than others. Some MLM companies only pay out ten to twenty percent of sales, whereas other companies pay out forty to fifty percent of sales.
Also, do you understand the compensation plan? Do low-level distributors get compensated fairly? Or is all the money reserved for the top earners? You need to know the answers to these questions before you join any company.
• The Product: Are you passionate about the product or service? Does it provide a real value to customers? Would you purchase the product, even if you weren’t involved in the company? Also, does the product come with a 100% money back guarantee? It should. If the products are a nutritional or cosmetic product, have they been scientifically proven? Or, are all the claims a bunch of hype?
• Sales Growth: One quick way to evaluate a company is to look at its growth from previous years. Look for trends. Do you see upwards growth every year? Or is the company stagnant or declining. All companies experience cycles. Most new companies grow fast in their early years and then hit a plateau with slower growth. If your company has been around for at least ten years, evaluate the year-to-year sales. What do you see? Is it growing every year? Also, is the company expanding into new markets?
• Training Program: What type of training program does the company have? Is there a website that distributors can access to get information? Does the company have meetings or training seminars to help its distributors? Can you purchase training programs from the company? Hopefully, the company has a good training program in place to help you. If the company doesn’t have anything for you, does your sponsor? What type of training, lead generation and sponsoring system do they have to grow their business?
The criteria listed above are just some of the things you can look for to identify a best MLM company. Your true secret to success is to find a company you respect and can build a long-term relationship with. Remember, the most successful network marketers choose one company and stick with it for ten or more years.
The best MLM companies understand that their distributors are their most important asset. Therefore, they treat their distributors like royalty. They have excellent training programs, compensation plans and promotional literature to help their distributors succeed.
Just because a company is one of the largest MLM companies doesn’t mean it’s the best opportunity for you. All companies were “new” at one point. There are many “new” MLM companies with exceptional growth and value. You can join a new or established company and achieve success, as long as the company meets the criteria listed above.
In conclusion, it behooves you to partner up with the best MLM Company available. You need a company with a good reputation, a good management team, an exceptional product, a fair compensation plan, a proven track record and effective training system. If you can find these things, you will position yourself for success and improve your chances of making it big in network marketing.
Links of Interest
MLM From Home Discover why network marketing is the perfect home-based business.
Network Marketing Products Evaluate the hundreds of different types of products that are sold through this distribution model.
MLM Products worth the money? Find the best MLM products by evaluating the products first.
Multilevel Marketing India. Learn why you should consider expanding your downline into India.
Network Marketing Opportunity Learn why you need your own MLM Business.
MLM Review Check out my independent review of the entire network marketing industry.
MLM Pre-Launch Learn the ropes about working with a pre-launch company and what you need to do to succeed.
Top MLM Opportunity
Learn how to evaluate different opportunities and find the best MLM company to join.
Learn more about how to get certified as a network marketing professional at an accredited university.
Learn more about the different types of network marketing buyers, and how you can get involved!
Online Business Promotion
Learn the secrets to mastering your online promotion efforts to get more traffic to your website.
Online Business Strategies
Learn some different strategies you can follow to make more money online.
Top 10 Online Home Business Ideas
Learn my top 10 online home business ideas and how you can get started with your own business!
Leave the Best MLM Page and Return to the MLM Resource Center Home Page